Friday, January 9, 2015

feels like we only go backwards
10:50 PM

feels like we only go backwards


Lately, things haven't been looking too great for humans as a whole.
Events like the NAACP bombing, the acts of terrorism in Paris with Charlie Hebdo, and the suicide of transgender teen Leelah Alcorn make me wonder if humanity is going backwards. However, I think that if we actively instigate change and teach people about issues of ignorance, we can start going forwards.
I understand that as a "fashion blogger," it might not exactly be my "place" to talk about social issues, at least not on this platform, so I'm going to be moving some of this discussion to my currently-in-progress Youtube channel (link at the top of this page!!) It's going to be primarily lifestyle/comedy/social issues with touches of fashion (haul coming out later this week!!), I guess, but so far, I think I will continue this blog as a fashion blog. :)
I'm probably making these distinctions more for myself than anyone reading this but I guess I'm just one of those people that likes drawing lines - though mine end up becoming scraggly tangled messes instead of clean gridlocks.

collared tank: f21 | sweater: target | skirt: uo | leggings: kohl's | socks: costco | shoes: kohl's
[photos by Zara Orozco]

4 comments: