Friday, January 2, 2015

days are gone
4:39 PM

days are gone

[photos by Riya Sony]
coat: costco | leather sweatpants: f21 | boots: h&m | bag: tj maxx | lips: revlon matte red

2014 was a crazy year for me (tbh "crazy" might have been my most used word of 2014) and I'm hoping that 2015 is going to be even bigger and better for me, for this blog, and for anyone reading this. Though I'm not the best at following through with resolutions, I'm going to post them here so I feel like I have to hold myself to some standard.


10. Say yes to creative projects!
These photos are from the first shoot I did in months with one of my best friends Riya Sony (@riyasonyphotography on Instagram!) and was one of the first creative things I had done in a long time. In 2015, I want to make it my goal to start saying yes to people and places to broaden my horizons and develop as an artistic and/or creative being.


9. Know when things aren't working for me.
Unfortunately 2014 taught me some things about toxic platonic relationships. In 2015, I want to make sure I leave relationships that aren't helping me grow as a person or teaching me about the world, the people around me, or myself and mean it.


8. Go on a road trip!
I'm graduating high school this June, and for the first time ever, have a completely free summer schedule. This year I really want to take a road trip to San Francisco, Portland, or Seattle with friends. Road trips are part of that proverbial bridge between adolescence and adulthood and contribute to my larger goal of making my life as much like a Wes Anderson movie as humanly possible.


7. Study existentialist philosophy.
I've been in the strange conundrum of being acutely aware that none of my actions have any inherent meaning while realizing that if they have no meaning, I am liberated from any pre-existing decisions and can exist to my fullest potential. This is a tad of a deep topic for this blog, I suppose, but one of my 2015 goals is to read the literature of Camus, Sartre, and Kierkegaard among others to have words to describe this sensation.


6. Get a cartilage piercing.
Pretty self-explanatory.


Finally, down to the big 5.

5. Work out & eat healthier.
Ah yes, the New Year's resolution that everyone makes and no one keeps. Mainly, I'm going to try to avoid the freshman 15 like the plague and start working out, but we'll see what happens.
4. Visit New York City.
There's a good chance I'll either be going to school in the city or living within a couple hours' distance from it, so I'm really hoping I get another chance to experience the Big Apple.
3. Get into college.
Somewhat tied into the last one, I am incredibly excited to begin college this fall. There are obviously going to be some major challenges like being responsible for myself, coping with homesickness, and adjusting to college life in general, but also some major benefits like living on my own, pursuing subjects I'm passionate about, and meeting tons of new people.
2. Blog more.
One of the New Year's resolutions from last year that I was mildly successful in achieving was blogging more. That being said, I am aware I didn't blog at all in December, and often didn't reach my personal target of 4 posts a month. This year, I am hoping that increased time management will allow me to update this blog at least 4 times a month and hopefully collaborate with other bloggers!
1. Start a YouTube channel.
This is the resolution I am most excited about and really hope I keep. I have been watching YouTube for 5-6 years now, and have always thought about pursuing it. Winter break gave me enough time to really appreciate  a variety of influential YouTubers and think about the content I want to create. I am currently not sure whether my channel will be fashion oriented, as I am really interested in the comedy and/or social issues side of things, but now that I've said this somewhere other than my head, I'm going to have to start working towards it.

Thank you so much for reading and I hope you have a fantastic 2015!
- Kripa Mehta.

3 comments:

  1. love, love, love this post kripa!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much ariele! <3 hope you have an awesome year!

      Delete
  2. really digging this post(: happy new year!

    ReplyDelete