Monday, November 17, 2014

Review: Naked Skin by Urban Decay
7:42 PM

Review: Naked Skin by Urban Decay


Basics: I just finished the Tarte BB Cream in tan, so I was in the market for new foundation. As I'm not a fan of overly cakey or "made up," looks, I wanted something light on the skin with a natural finish. When I popped into ULTA, the saleslady recommended the Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation in the shade 8.0. It's a $39 foundation, but a little goes a long way and so far I've been loving it.
Overall Score: 4.75/5



Packaging: It's never a deal breaker for me, but I can definitely appreciate this luxurious rose gold packaging. It just makes everything look so expensive and high-end, as I'd expect from Urban Decay. I also love the fact that there's a pump, because it makes it easier to get just the right amount of foundation, and a lot less messy than the Tarte BB Cream.
Score: 5/5


Application: I get a dollop of foundation on my fingertip and dot it along my face, concentrating on problematic areas. Afterwards, I just use the Studio Basics expert complexion sponge ($4.99) to blend everything out. Since I'm talking about foundation routine anyways, let me just say that I love beauty blenders. It only takes me 2-4 minutes to put on foundation; a small miracle on crazy mornings before school.
Ease of Application Score: 4.8/5 (liquid foundation still has a propensity towards getting on clothes that's not cool)

my face with just foundation

Setting: I take my Real Techniques stippling brush (which I also love a lot), swirl it around in the Revlon Nearly Naked pressed power in 050 Deep ($6.42) and brush that on to set my foundation, and bada bing, I'm done. The whole process takes me about 6-7 minutes, depending on how much of a hurry I'm in. This combination lasts me about 6 hours, so my face does tend to look a little oily by the end of the school day, however this is probably more of the setting powder's fault than the foundation's.

comparison of foundation + powder (left) vs normal skin (right)

As you can see, it makes a pretty dramatic difference.
Pros: lightweight, buildable coverage, easy to apply, lasting coverage, natural finish, a little bit goes a long way
Cons: pricey, no sunscreen 

I'll be back to posting outfits by the end of this week, but I hope you enjoyed the slight detour.

1 comment:

  1. The product looks like it's so smooth and awesome! Fabbbbbulous!
    kisses
    xoThe Beckerman Girls

    www.BeckermanBlog.com

    ReplyDelete