Wednesday, November 12, 2014

hard to love
6:58 PM

hard to love



top: f21 | pants: kohl's | jacket: f21 | sandals: kohl's | bag: tj maxx
[photos by Jessica Cheng]

If you've been on Twitter this week, I'm sure you've seen the #menimism tweets going around. Some of these points are valid, I'm not going to deny it, but the very fact that men feel threatened by an empowered and enforced women's rights movement scares me. The purpose of feminism, as so may others have reiterated is to achieve equality for both sexes, the key word being both. If this turns into a war of factions, no one wins. All of us fight each other instead of fighting a system that got us here. I think, like a leather jacket, or fall gladiator sandals, the system is hard to love (ah, Kripa actually reined it back in!!) One one hand, there are some things I love about identifying as a woman, empowered by a community of women in the 21st century. However, I think it's important that we stop seeing dating behaviors as "making concessions." It's pretty childish and ineffective.





















0 comments:

Post a Comment