Monday, September 1, 2014

august favorites
11:30 PM

august favorites





The past few months I've been trying out some different products and rediscovering old ones, so here are my favorites from the month of August. Also, if you're curious as to what I've been listening to this month, I created a playlist (above) that features artists such as Jhene Aiko, Childish Gambino, and Disclosure among others.



Argan Oil of Morocco Conditioner // $5.74 for full bottle
I am obsessed with the conditioner, shampoo, and leave in cream for this brand! It smells really fruity/flowery (yes the most specific description, I know.) Overall it's definitely improved the texture and luster of my hair and decreased frizz!




Maybelline Color Whisper in Made-It Mauve // $7.50
Now, $7.50 is quite pricey for a drugstore lip color, but in this case it was definitely worth it. This shade is a "your lips but better" color for me, and I love the creamy formula. It's very lightweight, moisturizing, and fuss-free making it my go to summer lip color.



Clinique Moisture Surge // (included in clinique gift bag???)
I don't know how much this was because it came in my mom's Clinique gift bag but I am so glad it did. I probably wouldn't have gone out of my way to buy an expensive moisturizer just because I feel like there are so many other ones out there to do the trick, but I've really enjoyed treating myself this month. It immediately moisturizes your face plus your skin actually absorbs the cream so it doesn't feel greasy or sticky. I've been mixing it with my BB cream or using it as a primer before putting on foundation to minimize pores and just overall make sure my skin is healthy.


Forever 21 Nail Color in Orchid // $2.80
For being so cheap, F21 nail colors have quite surprising lasting power ad opacity. The formula is very creamy and I just love this color. Though it looks like a spring color, I think it's pretty wearable all year round.


Cateye Sunnies // Rose Bowl Flea ($7)
This month and pretty much all summer tbh I have been obsessed with sunnies. I love round/cateye frames with unexpected details like metallic rimming or different finishes. Ideally at some point I want to get a pair of Le Specs or Raybans, but these dupes will suffice in the meantime.

0 comments:

Post a Comment