Thursday, June 26, 2014

Lush Face Mask First Impressions
11:50 AM

Lush Face Mask First Impressions


This past weekend I went to San Diego - which obviously meant hitting up Fashion Valley Mall to check out the Urban Outfitters, Zara, and LUSH! The closest Lush is half an hour to 45 minutes away from me, so I definitely took advantage. The only other thing I've tried from Lush is the Ocean Salt Scrub (which smells amazing but is pretty abrasive for an exfoliant.) These masks were $7.95 apiece and the main downsides are that they only last 3 weeks and must be refrigerated at all times as they have no preservatives.


I was a little wary of this mask at first, but it's my new holy grail mask! My skin was freaking out so I was looking for something that would help control the oil. After 1 night of this mask, my skin was completely clear. Some pimples did come back by the end of the day, but the amount was definitely reduced. Continued usage provides the same results - the acne will disappear within a couple of hours and the pores are tightened. It doesn't smell fruity, and you definitely can smell the garlic, but it's not that unpleasant.


 I use this mask only twice a week to avoid damaging my skin and I absolutely love it. The first time I used it, my skin was as smooth as a baby's bottom and my pores were nonexistent! The lady at the counter who was helping me out said that it would also reduce the amount of oil in my face, but I haven't seen that yet. However as far as an exfoliant it's super effective. To take it off, I rub in small circular motions to really scrub the skin underneath. Also, it smells of mint and lavender - which is really soothing.

I hope you enjoyed this detour from the fashion/outfit posts, and I'll definitely be trying to do more beauty reviews in the future, so if you have any skincare or other makeup products you'd recommend, let me know! (:
- Kripa.

0 comments:

Post a Comment