The Liebster Award
Exciting news! I was nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Miss Rosie Elsie Joy Wright from Rosie Says Relax (whose blog you should definitely check out!) It's a pretty fun way to get to know the people sitting behind the computers and discover new blogs.
1. Link the bloggers that nominated you.
2. Answer the 10 questions your nominator asked.
3. Keep the chain going by nominating 10 more blogs with less than 200 followers, and be sure to notify them.
4. Create 10 interesting questions for your nominees to answer.
1. What is your favorite childhood memory?
My favorite childhood memories are of my singing lessons with a voice teacher who passed away from cancer a couple of years ago. I could tell she genuinely appreciated my sound, and I learned a lot from her. Sadly, as time passed, I didn't continue my voice lessons, but I feel like if I picked them up again her teachings would resurface.
2. If you were in a band, what would it be called?
Caffiend (caffeine fiend) or caffereine (caffeine queen.) I'd make electronica/indie music about coffee and its necessity to my existence with jazz and afropop rhythms. I was actually in a band in the 8th grade, called the Haruhiists after the anime the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. We did a cover of the song God Knows and I played drum set.
3. If you could wear one outfit for the rest of your life, what would it consist of?
A black leather moto jacket, a white button up, black brocade pants, and heeled black chelsea boots with cutouts and golden hardware.
4. If you could have met yourself as a child, what advice would you have given yourself?
I would have told myself to not let anyone bring me down. In middle school, it was pretty hard to adjust to new company because I wasn't well liked. That seriously lowered my self-confidence and it took quite some time to raise it again. When I reached high school, fashion helped me a lot because I realized that if I could love myself, other people's affection (even if simply of my appearance) would shortly follow.
5. What is your most embarrassing memory from high school?
I'm currently in high school, but one of my most embarrassing memories from middle school was when I thought a trombone player was going to help me with my bell kit part when in fact, he was pointing to the kid behind me (who played trombone.) Even though it doesn't seem that terrible of a mistake, the entire band laughed at me.
6. What song gets you really motivated?
Anything by Icona Pop has gotten me really pumped lately. I love how upbeat and catchy their music is!
7. Who would play you in a film about your life?
It would have to be Zooey Deschanel. Her sense of quirkiness and awkwardness parallels mine, and though she doesn't look like me, I feel like she'd portray my personality quite accurately.
8. If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?
I would love to be a koi fish. The way they move is so hypnotizing, and I love the way the sun reflects on their glimmering scales.
9. What is your favorite meal?
My favorite meal would be kung pao eggplant tofu from Panda Inn with frozen yogurt from Yogurtland and a salted caramel mocha frappucino from Starbucks. They don't really go together, but those are some of my favorite things to eat individually.
10. What is your favorite moment in a film and why?
It would be a three way tie between the scene in Les Miserables where Fantine's hair is being chopped off and she's crying, the scene at the end of Les Miz where the people gather along the barricade in heaven, and the scene in (500) Days of Summer where Tom and Summer lie together on Summer's bed and she tells him about her dream. I love Fantine's scene because I can feel that raw emotion and utter despair Fantine feels, for she's lost absolutely everything. The scene at the end of Les Mis gives me chills every time because of the harmony of voices singing "Can you hear the people sing? Singing the song of angry men? It is the music of a people, who will not be slaves again!" The scene from (500) Days of Summer is just so beautiful, because it's so intimate, and the subtle things like Summer's face as she ends her recounting of the dream with "And then I realized, I was all alone," and Tom's expression of understanding make it so lovely.
2. alien she
6. not haute
9. style steffi
MY QUESTIONS FOR YOU
1. What is your favorite type of clothing and why?
2. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
3. What is your favorite book?
4. What is your favorite font?
5. If you created a magazine, what would you call it and why?
6. If you had infinite knowledge of one particular subject, which one would it be?
7. What is your "life philosophy?"
8. What is your favorite holiday?
9. If you could star in a TV show, which one would it be?
10. What famous figure would you love to spend a day with?
Once again, I'm really grateful to have been nominated, and I hope everyone nominated will take part!
- Kripa Mehta.